Take Highway A2 in the direction of Maastricht / Heerlen. From junction Kerensheide follow the direction of Heerlen / Aken (A76). At the junction Ten Esschen choose the direction of Kerkrade (A76 and from junction Bocholtz N281). Take exit Kerkrade. Follow signs towards Kerkrade and see the detailed map for further directions.
After crossing the German-Dutch border (A4/A76) follow "Kerkrade (N281)" at the junction Bocholtz. Take exit Kerkrade. Follow signs towards Kerkrade and see the detailed map for further directions.
By train and bus
· Heerlen railway station has hourly connections to the north of the Netherlands (Eindhoven, Rotterdam, Den Haag), Maastricht and Aachen. Time schedules can be obtained from the dutch railways webpages.
· There is no direct connection to Schiphol airport. The fastest way is Schiphol à Amsterdam Duivendrecht (not Amsterdam central) change for the train to Einhoven/sittard in Eindhoven or Sittard change for the train to Heerlen. Travel time just under three hours. Alternatively you can go from Schiphol to Den Haag HS or Rotterdam Central and change there to a train to Heerlen. This is only one change but travel time is 3.5 hours. Time schedules can be obtained from the dutch railways webpages.
2. If you do not use the shuttle buses:
· You can reach Rolduc from Heerlen railway station using a normal taxi. Special train taxis (taxis you share with other passengers) are available for NLG 7.50, tickets are sold at the railway station. Alternatively bus 25 or 26 can be used.
· You can also travel to the railway stations Kerkrade-Centrum or Herzogenrath(Germany) and from there walk about 2 km (see detailed map) or take a taxi to Rolduc. Time schedules for the trains can be obtained from the dutch railways webpages.